Saturday 2 February 2019

Space To Hold

I watched the mist crowd in this morning with ease and oblivious relief. The tiny droplets of water cooling the earth and the trees, the grey sky a welcoming shade over what had passed. The heat that had been sitting upon this little part of the world. As I opened my eyes from a refreshing meditation, my body exposed to the air that welcomed the passing of dark to dawn and dawn to morning, the view was vast. I was home.

Often I feel surrounded, sometimes almost suffocated by this need to be here and there, to be in a constant flurry of preparation. Almost months ahead, weeks ahead, days before where I have to be. In contrast I have a constant need to return to surroundings of space and stillness. Both inside and out. With no impending thoughts of a destination to be. To completely nourish in my own created space. I cherish this time with my whole being. I fear this is something missing in the collective mechanics of humanity.

In Buddhism there are four kinds of food, so to speak. One of these is volition, the motivation we each have within us to live out our days in which we are aligned to live. The hunger to live with intention. A healthy purpose. It's blissful to move like a cloud every now and then, however once in awhile it's warming to know I am moving with soulful intention. I believe it stimulates growth and awareness of myself and my surroundings. To come to this place in time is fuelled by holding space. No stimulation of any kind, sensory or the like. Perhaps for others it may be daunting to merely sit and breathe, to consciously breathe and focus in on the breath. To be the breath. However this enables for deep insight and each of our missions in this world to serve others. Being breath is a freeing break from external and internal voices shaping every movement and every thought. A strong inner desire can blossom in silence. To be free is to be love.

I yearn to return to this often. After hours of noise it is truly nourishing for me to return to stillness, space and silence. It gives life to the seeds of love and understanding that everyone inherently holds. It's often such seeds dry up and remain unfertilised, unloved.

Strength is drawn from this knowledge of stillness, silence and space.

The mist is as it is, drifting for a while and falling away in spacious beauty.

Loretta xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome

Thank you for being here. What follows are writings of what I am learning as I continue to unfold in life, as the most creative and alig...